1. Help to establish, implement, manage and continually improve the Quality Management System. .
2. Monitor and control site processes and procedures to ensure compliance to the QEH&S manual, ISO standards and/or other Quality Assurance requirements.
3. Communicate and negotiate with the company’s customer and supplier quality representatives on quality assurance issues.
4. Monitor and improve supplier quality performance. Be a primary point of contact with suppliers on issues related to non-conformance/s of products.
5. Liaison with cross functional groups as necessary to ensure timely and comprehensive closure on Quality matters.
6. Perform Order acceptance review for all new orders to ensure quality clauses and provisions are acceptable, managed and controlled.
7. Establish, maintain and continually improve upon quality objectives and metrics. Compile data and generate reports on quality system and key elements (i.e., yields, non-conformance causes, customer returns, etc.).
8. Manage the site equipment calibration program.
9. Provide guidance, mentoring and direct supervision to Quality Control representative, or other fellow workers as required/directed.
10. Conduct periodic awareness training events to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
11. Perform and/or support site in-process, random and ISO audits.
12. Assist in performing root cause analysis and/or assist inspection activities as necessary.
May require (air) travel (USA) to customer or supplier sites for system dedication, meetings or surveillance activities
Provide guidance and coordination for all QA activities and needs, whether in a project or for daily QA activities
Perform any other QA related activities as required for the department, such as Contract Review, creating certificates, problem solving and representing QA in any other company sponsored event or meeting.
Experience in an ISO 9001 quality system implementation and management. Ability to prepare/write procedures and perform audits on the QMS.
Possess ability to perform root-cause analysis and/or problem solving using a structured approach.
Have the ability to utilize measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, etc.) in order to perform inspections of incoming, first-article and in-process products.
Can read and understand blueprints, schematics and technical requirements. Have the ability to take customer specifications and create control plans for manufacturing personnel.
Able to draft Procedures & Policies. Possess the ability to take customer and/or engineering specifications/requirements and develop appropriate quality controls (control plans, inspection stops, etc.).
Knowledge of, and ability to use, statistical tools and concepts to drive to root causes. Six Sigma Green Belt proficiency level.
Experience with supplier qualification.
Good technical writing and verbal communication skills.
PC user, with Word, Excel, Power Point
Self directed, minimum supervisory input to daily tasks and activities
Must be US citizen and be able to obtain US security clearance for admission to US DOE sites, if required.