I. Specific Requirements: The project & technical support engineer shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Associate engineer (B.S. degree preferred) in nuclear, electronic, mechanical or a related field of instrument engineering.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of nuclear radiation characteristics, radiation instrumentation, radiation detectors & associated electronics (analog and digital) and nuclear analysis techniques.
- Ability to work with low level radioactive material, in accordance with MGP’s Instruments radiation materials license requirements. Practical working experience in nuclear facility is preferred.
- Strong computer and digital electronics skills. Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience in Monte Carlo and Microshield analyses is highly preferred.
- Good English communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to withstand detailed background investigation and reference checks.
- Must meet the NRC criteria for admission into nuclear power plants in the USA.
- 10. Willing to travel to customer sites (~20% travel time).
II. Job Scope: Duties may generally be described as providing complete project & technical support for all Radiation Monitoring System (RAMSYS) projects/products.
Typical applications involve: On-site and off-site customer technical support; Support in generating technical offers, generating test procedures & test reports; conducting acceptance testing; qualification testing; CGI dedication; training (on site & off site); system configuration and installation supervision.
Specific job duties include the following, plus others which may be assigned:
- RMS project engineering, design and production support by:
- Reviewing RFQ and assisting in preparing technical proposals
- Assist in all phases of project negotiation & execution
- Evaluating the characteristics of the process monitor for specific application
- Performing Monte Carlo and Microshield analyses
e. Configuring/Modifying RAMSYS monitors to adapt to the customer specifications .
f. Establishing test procedures and conducting post-production tests.
g. Generating technical specifications for products and subcontractors.
h. Reviewing production files (drawings & BOM).
i. Generating root cause analysis & failure mode and effect analyses
j. Preparing project compliance matrix
2. Perform RAMSYS acceptance/qualification testing and nuclear calibration by:
a. Writing system test and calibration procedures for specific configurations.
b. Performing system acceptance/qualification test and nuclear calibration.
c. Preparing system test and calibration report.
d. Reporting and resolving any non-conformance, if necessary.
3. Provide RAMSYS installation, training, and technical support by:
a. Providing on-site installation supervision/assistance to customers.
b. Writing system-specific operating instructions/ manuals
c. Training classes on-site and off-site.
d. Providing on-line response for customer support as needed.
e. Following up with customers to assure maximum customer satisfaction.
f. Demonstrating equipment to customers (on-site, in the office and in exhibitions).
4. Perform related RAMSYS activities by:
a. Testing RAMSYS circuit boards and sub-assemblies.
b. Evaluating the operation/performance of RAMSYS equipment.
c. Writing/revising CGI dedication procedures, performing CGI dedication.
d. Reviewing all RAMSYS related technical/marketing materials.
e. Supporting sales and marketing efforts.
f. Provide feedback concerning products (MGP’s and competitors) and customer
5. Maintain and improve work area and technical competence by:
a. Keeping an uncluttered, clean, and organized work area.
b. Completing required training and performance improvements successfully.
c. Attending educational seminars, conferences, and workshops, as approved by supervisor.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of other MGP’s product portfolio (software and