Are you an experienced financial leader ready to take on a key role in a large dynamic organisation?
We’re seeking a skilled Financial Controller to join our impressive team of financial professionals where your expertise will be instrumental in helping to shape our financial future.
As Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in leading and ensuring the smooth running of all financial operations for Mirion Technologies (IST) Ltd with the support of two other talented finance team members.
You will undertake all aspects of financial management, including management accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, to maintain an efficient and accurate finance function within our business.
This position is based in Farnborough, Hampshire and belongs to the Technologies Division Europe & Asia, reporting to the Divisional Finance Director (EMEA).
For over 50 years, Mirion Technologies has provided mission critical systems to detect, measure and analyse radiation to protect people, property, and the environment. We are a global business, powered by local geographical presence throughout Europe and Asia with HQ and Corporate department in the USA.
The key responsibilities of the Financial Controller include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of the finance function, making confident, fact-based decisions.
- Preparation, review, and submission of monthly management accounts in OneStream and variance analysis by 3rd working day.
- Preparation of forecasts, budgets and the preparation and supervision of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as per deadlines.
- Supervise and manage the Finance team. Facilitating communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Liaise & support external auditors and external accountant in the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation and submission monthly, quarterly, and annual corporate reports.
- Management of cash flow.
- Support the UK VP in managing & achieving yearly AOP targets; (Revenue, Opex, EBITDA & Net Working Capital).
- On time preparation and submission of VAT, ESCL and other formal submissions/returns.
- Supervise payroll function.
- Liaise with corporate and external broker for annual insurance renewals.
- Review stock levels, cycle counts, and annual stock takes.
- Look to constantly improve and evolve the financial function including reporting, systems & processes.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Accountability, Innovation and Respect
The key skills and qualities of the Financial Controller are:
- Qualified management accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with a strong technical skill set around management reporting and delivery.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Strong leadership and people management experience.
- Solid understanding & experience of accounting and finance principles and its application.
- Ability to forecast issues in advance to prevent potential impacts, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills. Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through problems and analyse information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proactive approach to solving problems and dealing with challenges.
- Ability to prioritise and manage numerous simultaneous tasks.
- Organised, flexible and adaptable to changing conditions. Ability to use AX & management reporting tools (OneStream).
- Ownership and accountability of output, including dedication and commitment to driving results.
Our employees make the difference. And that's why we offer you as the Financial Controller:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to lead a team of finance professionals and help shape the financial future of our company.
- Ongoing career growth and professional development opportunities.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
If you are interested in our vacancy and wish to apply, please email your CV to Alison Corbett, Talent Acquisition Manager UK [email protected].