Are you eager to build a career in Procurement in a global dynamic manufacturing company and welcome the challenge of working in an exciting and fast-paced environment? If so, we are looking for you.
We offer a superb opportunity for a bright, motivated, ambitious individual to join our small team as Procurement Officer. You will be responsible for sourcing and procuring of various commodities, order progression and monitoring with the supply chain to ensure that the businesses operational needs are met, considering price, quality, quantity, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply.
This position may suit someone with previous experience within procurement/purchasing or a graduate in the procurement or manufacturing field possibly with relevant placement year experience.
This role belongs to the Technologies Division Europe & Asia and reports to the Purchasing Manager based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
For over 50 years, Mirion Technologies has provided mission critical systems to detect, measure and analyse radiation to protect people, property, and the environment. We are a global business, powered by local geographical presence throughout Europe and Asia with HQ and Corporate department in the USA.
The key responsibilities of the Procurement Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders at the Farnborough site – Sales, Engineering, Planning, Quality, and Production
- Processing Purchase orders via the company MRP system
- Processing requisition requests from other internal departments in a professional and timely manner
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager with reporting when required
- Support accounts with invoice queries and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Process non-conformances (SNCR’s) with suppliers and work with them to resolve these issues whilst co-ordinating with the Quality Department
- Manage various supply bases, order book processing, monitoring OTIF, system maintenance.
- Work at a pace, reacting to the needs of the business effectively.
- Develop and present new ideas to line manager to improve procurement processes and efficiencies.
- To be the point of contact for shop floor queries and resolve these in a timely manner.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of integrity, commitment, accountability, innovation, and respect.
The key skills and qualities of the Procurement Officer are:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Buying role (desirable)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documents (desirable)
- Multiple supplier management and relationship experience
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel and databases, preferably office 365
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems
- Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Results focused and committed to achieving deadlines.
- Ability to read engineering drawings would be advantageous.
Our employees make the difference. And that's why we offer you as the Procurement Officer:
- Salary circa £27K per year plus a competitive benefits package.
- The opportunity to develop within an international group.
If you are interested in our vacancy and wish to apply, please email your CV to Alison Corbett, Talent Acquisition Manager (UK) [email protected].