PDS | Personal Radiation Detector
The PDS Personal Radiation Detectors are a family of spectroscopic radiation detectors designed for sensitive detection of radioactive and nuclear materials. The PDS series features a large volume Cesium Iodide (Tl) scintillation detector, which is rugged and able to withstand harsh first responder as well as customs and border protection applications.
The PDS series can also be used as a sensitive search device in situations where radioactive sources could be shielded or concealed.
- Separate gamma and neutron channels with spectrum acquisition
- High sensitivity and fast response time
- Visual, audible and vibration alarms
- Wireless and USB communication reachback options
- Small, rugged compact and user friendly
Personal Radiation Detector Applications
PRD's are designed for radiation security applications that require fast, accurate detection capabilities in a compact, easy-to-use package. The following applications are ideal for using the personal radiation detector as part of a complete radiation security program:
- Event Security
- Customs and Border Protection
- First Responders
- Nuclear Incident Response
- Transportation Security