The MBD-2 dosimeter is a real-time, self-indicating device that requires no user intervention for operation. The MBD-2 dosimeter is based upon Mirion Technologies’ patented Direct Ion Storage (DIS) technology. Direct Ion Storage technology is a method for detecting ionizing radiation through use of an ion chamber detector combined with a simplified method for computing dose from a voltage value from the detector.
The MBD-2 measures and records dose for gamma, neutron, and beta (shallow). It is ergonomic, and designed to be worn comfortably on the wrist (watch-type), or clipped to a garment (badge-type). The MBD-2 is lightweight, dark grey or black in color and low profile in size. Its edges are rounded to accommodate clothing and gear. The device closely resembles a wristwatch and therefore is natural to observe when reading the display.
- Accurate and reliable Direct Ion Storage technology hybrid device (active/passive)
- NFC and/or BLE communication
- Self-reading for effective decision making
- Hands-free operation
- Programmable display
- Configurable operating parameters
- Wrist worn or clipped to lanyard or garment
- Internal histogram
- Pulsed-xray measurements to 65nsec pulses