Logo Basic

Genie Basic Operations

SU-470
T
Technician | Learn More

32.00 CEC

Mirion’s SU-470 training course was designed to provide introductory-level instruction for using Genie™ software to perform typical gamma spectroscopy measurements. This course starts with a short review of basic gamma spectroscopy concepts, common Genie measurement applications, and the Windows operating system environment. It then covers the use of the Genie MCA Definition, Certificate File, Nuclide Library, and QA File editors. This course emphasizes use of the interactive Genie software environment for performing spectral data acquisition, system calibration, spectral file analysis, and reporting of measurement results. Approximately 65% of this 4-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 35% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

How would you like to start learning?

Schedule a class for my team

Invite a Mirion expert to train your team at your facility, or engage our professional training service in a virtual setting, at a date and time that works for you.

Join an upcoming scheduled class

We offer virtual classes and ones at Mirion locations around the world.

See options below

| 8 hours, 4 days

Globe Virtual

| 8 hours, 4 days

Globe Virtual

Related Trainings

Mirion Technologies

This 2-day course focuses on the Apex-Alpha/Beta™ software setup, database interaction and automated sample processing operations utilizing a combination of lecture and practical examples for instruction. Approximately 50% of the class time will be allocated for hands-on exercises to help reinforce the concepts needed to count and report gross alpha and beta results. The training will cover the architecture of the Apex-Alpha/Beta software, installation, operational setups, calibrations, security, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include supported modifications to the standard Apex-Alpha/Beta Stimulsoft reports. Click link below for full course description

Mirion Technologies

Mirion’s SU-734 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper use of the Apex-InVivo™ software package to perform whole body counting and other direct bioassay measurements. Students will be introduced to the basic features and functionality of the Apex-InVivo software, and to the hardware components that are typically integrated with standard Mirion in vivo counting systems. With prior approval from the instructor, the course content can be adjusted to include an extended review of fundamental gamma spectroscopy principles and basic Genie™ software operations (with reduced coverage of advanced Apex-InVivo software features and setup options). Approximately 60% of this 3-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises. Click link below for full course description

Mirion Technologies

This 4-day course focuses on the Apex-Gamma™ “Lab Productivity Suite” software setup, database interactions, and automated sample processing operations. Approximately 60% of this course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining time allocated for hands-on exercises and discussion. The training will cover: architecture of the Apex-Gamma environment, interactions with Genie™ editors and facility database software, installation, operational setups, security, sample counting job streams, reports, QA, data review, and event logging. Discussions will also include the NPP reports option and the supported modifications to standard Apex-Gamma reports. Click link below for full course description
Support

Looking for Services or Support?
We're here to help.