The Cronos-1 Gamma Object/Tool Monitor is an extremely sensitive instrument used to detect radioactivity on small articles such as notebooks, keys, tools, hard hats, and other miscellaneous objects. Short count times and high efficiency make the Cronos-1 Gamma Object/Tool Monitor the ideal tool for the implementation of an Empty Pocket policy at your facility.
Measurements which ensure that objects have no detectable radioactivity can result in significant cost savings in waste processing and/or storage.
All Cronos monitors use a sophisticated "fast following" background trending and release-limit algorithm to provide the best performance in a stable or varying radiation field.
The very low detection threshold is optimized by the quantity and sensitivity of the detectors, the thickness of the lead shielding and the measuring time, assuring that stringent user requirements can be met.
With the Mirion WebRemote software, an easy-to-use touch screen graphical user interface for industrial PC-based operation results in improved health physics programs, better tracking of contamination and faster, more thorough personnel throughput at boundary points.
The devices are rugged and reliable; and they are extremely easy to use.
- Implement your empty pocket policy at minimum cost
- Low count times and high performance for faster throughput at RCA/boundaries
- Designed for safe installation and transportation
- Reduced spares inventory and interchangeability of parts
- Notification for objects left behind by personnel reduces potential for lost objects (weight scale option only)