Logo Basic

Falcon 5000 Operations


16.00 CEC

Mirion's SU-520-2 training course provides comprehensive instruction for proper operation of the Falcon 5000® portable, electrically-cooled, HPGe gamma spectroscopy system. This course begins with an overview the Falcon 5000 hardware and a brief review of applicable radiation detection and health physics principles. This course emphasizes the simplified user interface provided for basic operations, before progressing to more advanced setup requirements and Genie™ software options including certificate files, nuclide library files, analysis sequence files, and calibration procedures. Typical Falcon 5000 measurement applications will be discussed, including in situ measurements and optional use of ISOCS™ efficiency calibration files. Approximately 60% of this 2-day course will be presented in lecture format, with the remaining 40% allocated for group discussion and practical exercises.

Schedule a class for my team

Invite a Mirion expert to train your team at your facility, or engage our professional training service in a virtual setting, at a date and time that works for you.

Related Trainings

Mirion Technologies

Mirion Technologies

Mirion Technologies in Benelux offers training when and where you need it! The “Service” staff at Mirion Technologies (Canberra BNLS) NV believes that quality training is an essential element of a complete, successful nuclear measurements program. To that end, we have developed a broad array of standard training courses on topics ranging from radiation detection fundamentals to the expert use of our most sophisticated products. We also offer custom courses at our training facility in Zellik, Belgium or at your site. Custom courses include development of learning objectives, presentation materials, and course examinations designed to meet your specific needs. More detailed description of each training offer will be provided shortly.

Mirion Technologies

This 2-day course includes lectures and hands-on exercises to familiarize the attendee with the operating principles, setup, and calibration of the Mirion ARGOS™-5AB with ZEUS™ option. These calibration principles can be applied and extended to the GEM™-5 gamma exit monitor, the CRONOS® tool/object monitor, and the SIRIUS™-5 Hand/Cuff and Foot monitor. The steps required to properly setup, calibrate, alarm test, troubleshoot, and perform required maintenance on these monitors will also be covered. Click link below for full course description

Looking for Services or Support?
We're here to help.